From: "Miroslav Šulc" <miroslav.sulc@××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Gentoo/Java staffing needs
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:56:37
1 Caster napsal(a):
2 > Joshua Nichols wrote:
3 >
4 >> Miroslav Šulc wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I thought that you are busy but I'm not sure whether I should submit
7 >>> bugs on experimental java to bugzilla. Maybe I do not understand the
8 >>> "experimental" word correctly. Does it mean a "lab" or "just before
9 >>> moving to sync"?
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >> Both really. Although, maybe it would make sense to have separate
13 >> overlays for things that really are 'experimental' versus things that
14 >> are ready to go into the tree.
15 >>
16 > I agree. And people willing to help but not having the time/etc to
17 > become full gentoo devs could have commit access to the "more
18 > experimental" overlay and from there devs could review the ebuilds and
19 > if they are fine, move to the "ready/reviewed" overlay (or even main
20 > tree) - I think it's how the infamous Sunrise overlay works :) I think
21 > svn is nicer to work with than sending stuff to maillist or uploading to
22 > bugzilla, then dev needs to put it to his overlay himself for review,
23 > seems like unnecessary waste of time to me.
24 >
25 I definitely agree. And if any waste could be reduced then more work can
26 be done.
27 > ...
28 > Just my 2c
29 > Caster