From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] [Fwd: [gentoo-announce] [ GLSA 200701-15 ] Sun JDK/JRE: Multiple vulnerabilities]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 23:48:33
1 On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 15:32 -0800, David Herron wrote:
2 > Hi, I just got this and I'm curious how we can be sure these problems
3 > were reported upstream (to Sun)?
4
5 Pretty sure this was discovered upstream from gentoo, it was just being
6 passed on for those that follow GLSAs.
7
8 > It doesn't say in this announcement
9 > anything of that sort.
10
11 Didn't really on the first one I saw about it via CERT.
12 http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA07-022A.html
13
14 > Oh, hmm, I was thinking you could have made the
15 > announcement reference pages on bugs.sun.com but I just remembered we
16 > generally don't make visible any security bugs.
17
18 I would imagine Sun is aware of this on some level or not. I would hope
19 so, usually CERT only does announcements after contacting those
20 responsible/affected.
23 William L. Thomson Jr.
24 Gentoo/Java