From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Important issues missed from monthly meeting
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:58:53
1 On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 22:35 +1300, Alistair Bush wrote:
2 > Seeing that only me and fordfrog turned up to the meeting :P I would
3 > like to summarize and discuss some of the issues that were planned.
4 >
5 > 1) Potential Recruits:
6 >
7 > Basically I am getting completely sick and tired of the good work that
8 > Elvanor is doing and therefore strongly think that he should be offered
9 > the carrot of temptation/corruption.
10 >
11 > I am happy to be his Sith Lord, if non of the other devs that are up the
12 > queue (Caster?, wltjr?, fordfrog) have the time required.
13 >
14 > I would very much like to see this topic title changed to New Recruit
15 >
16 > Does anyone have any concerns/issues they want to raise about this?
17
18 I have no problem. I briefly brought it an up believe Petteri has some
19 QA and lack of knowledge issues, and etc. So we just likely need get
20 Elvanor started in the quiz process. Fill in the gaps in knowledge or
21 etc during that process. In his defense I made a comment about people
22 like me specifically still asking the obvious or things I should know
23 already at times.
24
25 So willingness, responsibility, etc I think should have greater weight
26 than just technical proficiency. Not that proficiency should be
27 overlooked or ignored. But that can come in time :) Or not as in my
28 case ;)
31 William L. Thomson Jr.
32 Gentoo/Java