From: Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] work on gcj for gentoo
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:26:05
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:51:03 +0100
Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de> wrote:

> I splitted dev-java/gcj to dev-java/gcj-jdk for Java wrappers.
Some annoying issues solved more or less.
> I dropped my ecj compiler adapter and gnu rmic adapter.
I readded a native ecj compiler adapter. I copied the extJavac one where no switches need to be set. Ant does the magic.
> I use java-gcj-compat in that gcj-jdk package to get a tools.jar. > In that jar is only a wrapper for rmic. As ant compiler I use a > gcj-javac compiler-config that sets -Dbuild.compiler=extJava > which you can set in /etc/java-config-2/build/compilers.conf.
I use again my native ecj binary from eclipse-ecj
> And if my evil lib/libjawt.so -> lib/libgcjawt.so link does the trick > I can drop my gcjawt hacks.
It seems to work.
> Why I do not use tools.jar for default ant compiler? > I would like, hell, I would like... > ....have a look at it and fix it. :) > Thanks!
I have no clue how to use it properly. At least dev-java/gcj-jdk uses java-gcj-compat. So you guys can fiddle with it. I just try to ignore it as much as possible. ;)
> So far...
Important changes in detail: --- eclipse-ecj: * add gcj useflag, drop java-nativeonly, java-native-bin useflags * gcj useflag: build ecj.jar and native binary gjdoc: * add gcj useflag * drop java-native-bin useflag * gcj useflag: build native binary gcj-jdk: * use java-gcj-compat * drop com.sun...Main (ecj wrapper / it is just troublesome) * use rmic wrapper (as Java code in tools.jar, ant recognizes it) -> it fails because of grmic's classpath issue?! ant-core: * add nativeEcj Compiler Adapter (a copy of extJavac Compiler Adapter, ant does the magic) * gcj useflag: build with native ecj swt: * drop gcjawt hack eclipse-sdk: * forgot to drop the hack, soon... I forgot to fix some DEPENDs and whatever. Will be fixed ... My gcj overlay is here http://geki.ath.cx/hacks/gcj-overlay-2.tar.bz2 There are some patches for gentoo-java-experimental overlay to cut down my overlay for gcj. http://geki.ath.cx/hacks/ There are patches for: azureus, jessie and swt I would like to see bcprov bumped to 1.31. However, ...
-- gentoo-java@g.o mailing list