From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] java-graveyard-overlay
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:15:21
1 Krzysiek Pawlik wrote:
2 >
3 >> 2. The package must not be an application
4 >
5 > Why?
8 Because then it could be of some use to users. If you need to use an
9 obsolete library in something new, you most likely are doing something
10 wrong. We could of course extend this to say that applications if there
11 are better alternatives but that is subjective.
14 >> 3. Package.mask it for a month
15 >
16 > Wouldn't it mask the version from overlay too? Anyway we end up with package
17 > being p.masked.
20 It would but I can't think of a better way to notify users that have it
21 installed on where it has gone.
22
23 Regards,
24 Petteri