From: Caster <cast3r@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] specifying jvm in scripts?
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 08:41:38
1 Roy Wright wrote:
2 > I have several java programs that I launch via scripts. Some are 1.4,
3 > some are 1.5.
4 > Just curious if there is a method to select the jvm from within the
5 > script independent
6 > of the system or user jvm? Something like:
7 >
8 > JAVACMD = `java-config --java 1.4`
9
10 Yes, with GENTOO_VM and VMHANDLE of the jvm you want, like
11
12 GENTOO_VM="sun-jdk-1.5"
13
14 This will make all the wrapper scripts for java, javac, etc. call the
15 binaries from selected VM.
16 If your program also relies on JAVA_HOME, you can add this after the
17 GENTOO_VM line:
18
19 JAVA_HOME=$(java-config --jdk-home)
20
21 Not sure how you can make it select "any of the 1.4 vm that's installed"
22 though...
23
24 Also there's some way for packages installed with portage to specify
25 what VM they need, but I dont know the details, maybe somebody else...
26
27 Caster
28 --
29 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list