From: Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] generation-2 java eclass
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:11:46
1 Hello,
2
3 Maybe you can help answering some questions I have regarding the
4 generation-2 java eclass.
5
6 I've seen that in openoffice ebuild there is no call to
7 java-pkg-opt-2_pkg_setup fro pkg_setup, the reason is seems to be
8 because it is called automatically.
9
10 1. Is there any documentation regarding portage phase hooks? I could
11 not see any reference to this in eclass HOWTO guide.
12
13 2. It seems a bit strange that two eclasses can override the same
14 function name... How such conflict is resolved?
15
16 3. Looking at java-pkg-2.eclass I see function name
17 pre_pkg-2_setup, shouldn't it be pre_pkg_setup? I see that
18 pre_pkg_setup is specified in java-pkg-opt-2.eclass... Why is there a
19 difference?
20
21 4. Can you please fix the documentation of java development and on
22 the eclass it-self so that there will be a comment that the unlike
23 other eclasses, java-pkg*-2_pkg_setup should not be called from
24 pkg_setup?
25
26 Best Regards,
27 Alon Bar-Lev