From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Patch for LIBRARY_PATH support in gjl
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:49:58
1 On 14-05-2007 12:06:30 +0200, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
2 > > What do you think?
3 >
4 > I'm for LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Or as compromise, append both LD_ and JAVA_
5 > variables. That way one can set additional paths for java without
6 > affecting everything else.
7
8 The only problem I see here is that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is something that
9 may be called DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or SHLIBS_PATH on different platforms.
10 Additionally, it should be unset in normal use, as it is considered
11 harmful. JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH feels better for this reason, and can be
12 safely injected in the environment, if neccesary.
13
14 Just my 2 cents.
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level