From: Greg Tassone <greg@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Should we change the category of www-servers/axis?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 02:07:19
1 On Saturday 19 May 2007 10:36, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Apache Axis is an Open Source SOAP server and client
3 > ...
4 > It seems it can be installed as a webapp to Tomcat and has a client
5 > library. I think www-servers is not a good category for it. Do you think
6 > www-misc or dev-java would be better?
7
8 My vote is dev-java. I definitely consider Axis as more of a
9 development/application framework than a server; besides, in its server
10 purposes it isn't standalone anyway (i.e. it requires a servlet container to
11 host it).
12
13 ~ Greg T.