From: Eddy Mulyono <eddymulyono@××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Question about Sun-Jdk 1.4.2.10
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:27:21
On 11/28/05, Tomasz Buchert <thinred@××.pl> wrote:
> Hi! > I'm new in Gentoo and new in Java. I have already emerged Blackdown JDK > but I'd like to emerge Sun JDK too. And here the problem begins. > I'm not interested in JDK 1.5 (it's considered unstable as far as I > know). I believe that 1.4 will be enough for a novice. On my portage > this package is masked. Is it risky to emerge it? If it is not why it is > masked?
At the time of this writing (2005-Nov-28 15:23 Pacific), sun-jdk-1.4.2.10 marked unstable/testing (~x86), not masked. This usually happens to new versions. They come into Portage as testing. If no bugs are filed after certain period, they go into stable. Hope that helps, -Eddy -- gentoo-java@g.o mailing list