From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] JDK used for compiling
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:39:11
1 Hi,
2
3 if multiple JDKs are installed, which one is used for compiling
4 packages? And why have you chosen that strategy?
7 I was conviced, that ebuilds always use the lowest JDK version possible.
8 But it seems, that packages use the System VM - which is 1.6 in my case.
9 But 1.5 is also installed.
10
11 So i like the idea, that, once i have troubles with 1.6, i may switch
12 back to 1.5. But, there is a fair chance, that packages compiled with
13 1.6 doen't work with 1.5. And no: using "-target 1.5" is NOT sufficiant
14 due to overloading.
17 So which JDK version is actually used by daemons? Is it the system-VM
18 too? So how can i run my daemon with JDK 1.6 while compiling things
19 against JDK 1.5?
22 Thanks,
23 Sven