From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Java 1.5 migration plans
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 20:15:06
1 Thomas Matthijs wrote:
2 >>5) remove jikes use flag
3 >> - should also put java-pkg_filter-compiler on things that are known
4 >>not to
5 >> - filter jikes on things that are known not to like jikes
8 > I'm still not happy with the filtering, It was discusses somewhere, but
9 > i can't find it anymore. If everyone else things its a good idea, i'll
10 > accept it
14 I think filtering is a useful thing to have. We might also think about
15 deprecating jikes support altogether as upstream seems dead and gcjx/ecj
16 will provide better alternatives in the future any way.
17
18 Regards,
19 Petteri