From: Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Re: Deprecating JDK 1.4
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:57:45
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > I don't think we will be removing 1.4 JDKs from the main tree before Sun
3 > EOLs them. Even after that I think we will be keeping them around in the
4 > Java overlay. The point here is that we will end our support for using
5 > 1.4 as the system VM and build VM when Sun EOLs it.
6
7 I don't propose to remove JDK 1.4 from portage tree until something serious
8 comes out and forces us to do so (like security bug).
11 Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xBC555551
12 desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...