From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-java] Wanted: Substantial Java Webapps
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:37:48
1 Hi gang,
2
3 there's been talk for some time now about improving the way we handle
4 Java webapps in Gentoo. The debate has mostly focused on
5 developer-specific wishes that come from developers of webapps on Gentoo
6 Linux.
7
8 One aspect which has not been discussed any much detail is which web
9 applications we should package for end-users/sysadmins that are only
10 interested in running webapps on Gentoo Linux which incidentally happen
11 to be written in Java. For Python/PHP/Perl, there're things like Trac,
12 IssueTracker, Bugzilla, PHPNuke, Zope, and whatnot under www-apps,
13 currenly maintained by the web-apps herd.
14
15 I would very much welcome suggestions for a good, long list of
16 substantial, useful and interesting webapps written in Java, that we
17 some day should end up packaging.
20 Cheers,
21
22 -- Karl T
23
24 PS. We'll not commit to actually packaging anything at this point, but I
25 hope to get some feedback and the ball rolling.
26 --
27 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list