From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-java] Wanted: Substantial Java Webapps
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:37:48
Hi gang,

there's been talk for some time now about improving the way we handle
Java webapps in Gentoo. The debate has mostly focused on
developer-specific wishes that come from developers of webapps on Gentoo
 Linux.

One aspect which has not been discussed any much detail is which web
applications we should package for end-users/sysadmins that are only
interested in running webapps on Gentoo Linux which incidentally happen
to be written in Java. For Python/PHP/Perl, there're things like Trac,
IssueTracker, Bugzilla, PHPNuke, Zope, and whatnot under www-apps,
currenly maintained by the web-apps herd.

I would very much welcome suggestions for a good, long list of
substantial, useful and interesting webapps written in Java, that we
some day should end up packaging.

Cheers,

-- Karl T

PS. We'll not commit to actually packaging anything at this point, but I
hope to get some feedback and the ball rolling.