From: Caster <cast3r@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-java] removing migrated stuff from java-experimental-overlay
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 19:57:25
1 Hi,
2
3 today I got access to the java overlays svn as the first step on path of
4 joining the Gentoo Java team. Thanks to nichoj and Stuart :) I'll be
5 helping with migrating stuff, bug fixings and generally helping to
6 improve the quality of Java on Gentoo :)
7
8 As for the mail subject, when talking with nichoj we agreed on removing
9 the packages that were migrated to generation 2 (into migrated overlay
10 or portage) from java-experimental overlay. When it eventually becomes
11 empty, the migrated overlay will be renamed back to java-experimental. I
12 have already deleted most of such already migrated packages, and
13 migrated java-service-wrapper on my own. So if you are using only
14 java-experimental-overlay and some package you used got missing, you
15 will find it it migrated-java-experimental-overlay. Which you should be
16 already using anyway, if you are interested in the experimental java
17 stuff in Gentoo.
18
19 Regards,
20 Caster