From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: kloeri@g.o, gentoo-java@l.g.o, Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-java] My GSoC project ideas
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:10:51
1 Here it goes:
2 1. Java: A graphical application to configure options and used JDKs on
3 a per application basis. The application should also be a GUI for
4 eselect java-nsplugin and java-config.
5 2. Java: Improve the FOSS Java stack support on Gentoo. Integrate for
6 example cacao and jamvm properly as JDKs into our Java setup. They need
7 to be installable without a JDK already installed and and you need to
8 make sure the core stack like dev-java/ant is working properly.
9 3. Java: Setup a binary package repository for Java only packages on
10 Gentoo.
11 4. Recruiters: Build a graphical application to replace the current
12 quizzes.
13
14 As I will apply as a student myself Joshua Nichols will be mentoring the
15 Java students and I am hoping that for example kloeri can do the
16 equizapp part.
17
18 Regards,
19 Petteri