From: Eric Chatellier <chatellier@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Maven from source - version 2.x or 3.x ?
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 14:55:27
1 Le 22/05/2011 07:38, Kasun Gajasinghe a écrit :
2 > Hi all,
3 > I'm working on getting Apache Maven in to work by building from
4 > source. Currently, in main tree, Maven is installed using the binary
5 > (dev-java/maven-bin), which is against the Gentoo Java Packaging
6 > Policy.
7 >
8 > Getting Maven in to work by building-from-source is a lengthy process.
9 > We have two main versions to go ahead. The 2.x range with the latest
10 > being v2.2.1, and the 3.x range with the latest being v3.0.3. The
11 > compatibility notes for 2.x and 3.x are at [1]. There's only few
12 > compatibility issues as I've seen. I was thinking to go with 2.x since
13 > in my experience and the area where I was involved in, haven't had any
14 > plans to migrate to Maven 3.x soon. But the overall picture may vary.
15 >
16 > So, I'm asking from the Gentoo's Java community, what's the suitable
17 > version to go with? 2.x or 3.x
18 Hi, i'm a gentoo user and java developper using maven for
19 years. I also known the maven gentoo problem ;)
20 So i'll be happy to help you or test your work.
21
22 For maven 2/3, 3.x is a new achitecture intended to
23 be maven 2 complaint. So, i vote for 3.x.
24 But maybe 3.x is too young...
27 Éric Chatellier <chatellier@×××××××××.com>
28 Tel: 02.40.50.29.28
29 http://www.codelutin.com