From: Mathew Robertson <mathew.robertson@××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Hi there
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:51:21
1 >> I am new to this list - I am wondering if there are any
2 >> active/semi-active developers currently working on the Java 1.5
3 >> packages, as I would like to help out.
4 >>
5 > Welcome. There are several such developers lurking here, as well as
6 > non-official developers (like me). Much of the work lately has been on
7 > stabilizing the Java 5 and (eventually) Java 6 environments on Gentoo.
8 > In that vein, there is currently a package-freeze in place while that
9 > stabilization work is in progress.
10 >
11 > To get you started on recent history I suggest you check out the mail
12 > list archives for this list at gmane:
13 >
14 > http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.java/cutoff=810
15 >
16 Thanks for that URL.
17
18 I did manage to get Java 1.5 (sun jdk) + tomcat 5.5 running, via a
19 combination of gentoo-experimental and axoo overlays, plus a couple of
20 odd hacks (and an 'inject').
21
22 If you guys need help with anything specific, let me know...
23
24 cheers,
25 Mathew
26
27 PS. The java-config concept of symlinking /etc/java-config/system-vm is
28 cool - I think a similar technique could also be used for Flash vm's.