From: John Manko <jmanko@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Java 1.5 - the Real Story [was: Re: [gentoo-java] Question about Sun-Jdk 1.4.2.10]
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:05:18
1 > > The genuine options for J5 users are to scrap the Gentoo Java
2 > support and
3 > > maintain your own Java environment, or to abandon Gentoo.
4 >
5 > (5) Help us solve the remaining technical issues
6 >
7 >> I see that there is yet another enquiry on the list about using J5.
8 >> Do that user a favour and tell him why he can't get a supported J5
9 >> environment on Gentoo, so that he can then make informed decisions.
10 >> If you guys are embarrassed by the Gentoo ideology, change it or
11 >> leave. If not, present it honestly, instead of spouting this
12 >> deliberately misleading BS about system stability issues. It's
13 >> leaving users with the impression that J5 is unstable, which it
14 >> patently is not.
15 >
16 > Instead of spending your and my time on writing mails on this topic,
17 > please help us solve the technical issues. The Gentoo community, as
18 > any other open-source community, is dependent on help, input and
19 > constructive criticism from our users.
22 I'd love to help.
25 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list