From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Using a compiler other than that configured at system level in an ebuild
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:23:37
1 Andrew Cowie wrote:
2 > I've been trying to bump the gnu-classpath ebuild to 0.96.1, but I'm
3 > running into some problems. Part of the issue may be building it with
4 > Sun javac. Is it possible to force an ebuild to use a non-system (or, if
5 > you will, non-default) compiler?
6 >
7 > AfC
8 > Sydney
11 In src_compile, you can use:
12
13 java-pkg_force-compiler <compiler goes here>
14
15 Although, I think this would only affect ant builds. To affect make based stuff, it depends on how it is determining javac to use.
16 * It might be using a JAVAC variable. Setting JAVAC="<compiler executable goes here>" should solve it.
17 * It might just be calling javac, and just using whatever is found on the path. I'm not sure if we have a reasonable way of addressing this particular case.
21 Joshua Nichols
22 Gentoo/Ruby Developer
23 Gentoo/Java Developer
24 http://technicalpickles.com