From: Caster <cast3r@××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Re: Gentoo/Java staffing needs
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:07:15
1 Ted Kosan wrote:
2 > I am one of the community leaders on Sun's java.net site ( http://java.net )
3 > and I have put together a "Java Distribution" LiveCD ( called JDOS,
4 > https://jdos.dev.java.net ) which is based on Gentoo. JDOS is ready for its
5 > initial release and the last thing I am waiting on is for Sun's new
6 > Linux-friendly JDK files to be added to the portage tree.
7
8 It's already there :) sun-jdk-1.5.0.07-r1 is using the DLJ files.
9
10 > Since this will require that the software be placed in the portage tree, I am
11 > hoping that some of these developers can be convinced to join the Gentoo Java
12 > team and learn how to create and maintain packages.
13
14 You can also use an overlay to have stuff faster before it's in main
15 portage tree and as kind of ebuild playground for people willing to
16 contribute :)
17
18 Caster
19 --