From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] modules.aliases fila and externally build modules
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 07:28:54
1 Hi,
2
3 I read this in a release note of aufs where we have a package to build
4 the external kernel module
5
6 o news
7 - Since linux-3.9, every filesystem module requires an alias
8 "fs-<fsname>". You should make sure that "fs-aufs" is listed in your
9 modules.aliases file if you set CONFIG_AUFS_FS=m.
10 Generally it is registered when you compile and install your
11 kernel. You may need to take care of modules.aliases file by yourself
12 when you build the aufs module separately.
15 Do I need to take care of something special in future regarding the
16 modules.alias file?
17
18 thanks for clarification,
19 Justin