From: Sebastian Kromp <teufelpersoenlich@×××.de>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] buslogic scsi driver in 2.6.23 question (Bug 198296)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:11:47

Hi list,
well, I have googled for this and it seems to be a problem with many
kernels, but mostly the really old ones (One report is even about
1.something!?). Can´t find something helpful (for me) on the
kernel-mailinglist, but this one here seems to run in a VMWare and
I´ve found a possible fix in a Fedora-forum, where a user had exactly
the same dmesg-errors.

On Fedora 2.6.22.9-91.fc7 it helped to change |scsi0.v||irtualDev |to|
"lsilogic" |(so that there is |scsi0.virtualDev = "lsilogic|")| |in a
*.vmx-file (I can´t say in which one because I never worked with
VMWare and in this thread it´s not specialized, so I guess there is
only one).

Should I leave a comment at it and asking for "results" of this? The
thread (see below) is in german, so if I should leave one, should I
add the link at all?

Sorry for asking so much, I will search the web for further
information tomorrow because its really late here and I am kind of tired.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Threadlink:
http://www.fedoraforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12936&p=71868&hilit=vmware+gel%C3%B6st#p71868