From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] Kernels (>2.6.13) dont recognize my sata disk on K8N4-E
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:07:29
1 puNk!d wrote:
2 > I posted this on forums, but no one give me a clue, so i ask for here,
3 > hoping someone can help me out.
4 >
5 > For saving your time, let me first illustrate my prob briefly. I have an
6 > ASUS K8N4-4 nForce4 mainboard, and a 160G Maxtor SATA harddisk (6V160E0).
7 > But all of the kernels (>2.6.13) couldnt recognize my harddisk, it showed
8 > the VFS: Cannot open root device "sda9" or unknown-block(0,0) error when
9 > booting. I tried gentoo-sources, genkernel, vanilla-kernel,mm-sources and
10 > even sabayon-sources, they all failed. However, the kernels <=2.6.13 work
11 > well. I know you might tell me to have a look at my kernel config, check
12 > twice that had i enabled the SATA device support, I really did it, you can
13 > take a look at my kernel config in this thread.
16 My random guess is that the device enumeration got changed somewhat.
17
18 lu
22 Luca Barbato
23