From: John Mylchreest <johnm@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] Gentoo Kernel Security Policy (DRAFT)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:31:23
1 Hey guys,
2
3 Please take a read through this and feed back any comments. This is
4 starting to become more important as we are growing with relation to
5 Gentoo's attention to QA and in particular our security practices.
6
7 I'd like to think that we run all over the "secure" distros with a lot
8 ot his stuff, and we all do it anyways - generally speaking. But at
9 least by having an official doc (that will be published) we have
10 something to fall back on when the time comes to kick ass.
11
12 At the moment there is nothing discussing kernel-modules. Thats going to
13 be something different I suspect.
14
15 As mentioned, this is very much draft, plus - it's late and I've likely
16 made a lot of mistakes during my distractions. Comments, ideas, changes,
17 deletions, etc etc all on list please.
18
19 Cheers,
20 John
23 Role: Gentoo Linux Kernel Lead
24 Gentoo Linux: http://www.gentoo.org
25 Public Key: gpg --recv-keys 9C745515
26 Key fingerprint: A0AF F3C8 D699 A05A EC5C 24F7 95AA 241D 9C74 5515

kernel-security-policy.txt text/plain