From: Jan Klod <janklodvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] My gentoo kernel hangs when used with loop-AES
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 20:31:19
1 Hallo,
2 I am running 2.6.22-gentoo-sources-r9 on loop-AESv3.2b encrypted root
3 [system A]. The problem is that [A] hangs completely with no messages in
4 /var/log/messages (freezes immediately after some hours operating) and I
5 have no idea what exactly is wrong. Hangs are random.
6
7 What I have done already:
8 1. tested memory for 8 hours - no errors.
9 2. suspected my own kernel configuration, copied [A] to
10 non-encrypted partition, recompiled same kernel with same .config, using
11 genkernel [system B]. Tested it for nearly 24hours - no hang. Other
12 differences between those 2 systems:
14 kernel compile method: manually, genkernel using same .config
15 kernel startup: initrd.gz, initramfs created by
16 genkernel
17
18 Can you help? I'll send necessary configurations and perform tests, but
19 now there is no idea what else information would be useful.
22 Jan
25 gentoo-kernel@g.o mailing list