From: Jan Klod <janklodvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] My gentoo kernel hangs when used with loop-AES
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 20:31:19
Hallo,
I am running 2.6.22-gentoo-sources-r9 on loop-AESv3.2b encrypted root
[system A]. The problem is that [A] hangs completely with no messages in
/var/log/messages (freezes immediately after some hours operating) and I
have no idea what exactly is wrong. Hangs are random.

What I have done already:
1. tested memory for 8 hours - no errors.
2. suspected my own kernel configuration, copied [A] to
non-encrypted partition, recompiled same kernel with same .config, using
genkernel [system B]. Tested it for nearly 24hours - no hang. Other
differences between those 2 systems:
   kernel compile method: manually, genkernel using same .config
   kernel startup:                 initrd.gz, initramfs created by
genkernel

Can you help? I'll send necessary configurations and perform tests, but
now there is no idea what else information would be useful.

--
Jan