From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] gspca_zc3xx module
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:02:57
Hi Hasan.

В Сбт, 24/07/2010 в 00:15 +0000, Hasan SAHIN пишет:
> I was using the gspca_zc3xx module with kernel 2.6.32-r7 without any > problem but webcam does not work since I upgrade to 2.6.34-r1(x 86 stable) > My webcam is : A4 tech PK-635M and I am using wxcam (my own ebuild) > Also I have tried with kopete and cheese but result is same. > > I have tried with ubuntu 10.04 (kernel 2.6.32.xxx) and it is working as > good. I guess there is a bug in the 2.6.34.xx series?
Have you tried 2.6.32 kernel in Gentoo? In case yes, and if webcam works in 2.6.32 and fails in 2.6.34, the best way to resolve this issue is to find commit that broke it. Please, download sources with git and check that webcam really works with 2.6.32 and fails with 2.6.34. After that go through bisect (`git help bisect` or google has a good explanation on how to do that) to find excact commit that broke webcam. Try to apply that commit and revert it to check that webcam really works before and fails after. After that just mail to authors of commit and subsystem maintainers (you can find them in /usr/src/linux/MAINTAINERS file. After fix found, please, open bug report so we could apply fix in Gentoo as soon as possible. -- Peter.