From: "dE ." <de.techno@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] Kernel configuration and DRI.
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 13:04:11
Hi. you might know me from the forums, but unfortunately I've appeared to
have stumbled over a difficult problem -

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6487475.html

I'm having a bad time configuring the kernel. I've enabled KMS (like what's
with Debian), used the latest xserver, mesa from the overlays and eselected
mesa to galium (r300 and sw). On this setup, glxgears is blank... the's just
a blank windows with no reading of the fps drawn.

On the other hand on Debian I get a sustainable FPS, if I copy over the
Debian kernel (and modules) to my Gentoo install, I get good FPS, so there
must been something wrong with my kernel configuration. The Debian guys have
enabled KMS.

RS690m chipset which hosts x1270.