From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] Help needed with genpatches
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:42:23
1 On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 07:19:49PM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > I'm on holiday from 26th July to 11th August, the timing of which isn't
3 > great:
4 >
5 > 2.6.17 will go stable as soon as we do a 2.6.17.7-based release - this
6 > will happen very soon (hint hint Greg, it's a day late! ;)).
7
8 It's going to be a few more days late. I'm at OLS, have yet to finish
9 writing my keynote I'm giving in a day or so, and rumor has it, the .7
10 patches I sent out have some "issues"...
11
12 So I don't know when 2.6.17 is going "stable" for us yet, but you might
13 want to hold off till .7 comes out. Sometime early next week probably.
14
15 > There are bound to be a few bugs that need attention, the main concern
16 > is to fix things for the 2006.1 release and there isn't much time there.
17 > Apart from that we're OK, we need to make sure someone can do security
18 > fixes.
19 >
20 > Any volunteers? :)
21
22 I can poke at it after OSCON and help out. SLES 10 work is pretty much
23 finished for me now (that sucked me away from Gentoo work, sorry).
24
25 Oh, also, some stuff that affected us came up at the kernel summit with
26 regards to how we should track our kernel bugs. I'll write it up in a
27 bit...
28
29 thanks,
30