From: "Sebastian Günther" <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] LiveCD installation not recognizing megaraid RAID set
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:10:52
1 Am Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:22:09 +0800
2 schrieb Ho-Ki Au <hoki.au@×××××.com>:
3
4 > I was trying to put gentoo on a dell poweredge 1950 quadcore xeon
5 > machine with three disks connected to a lsi PERC 5/i raid
6 > controller. In the BIOS settings, all three disks were added to the
7 > controller for a RAID5 set up.
8
9 Sit back and just think a minute:
10 You have a fullfledged hardware raid. You set it up to be a RAID5
11 array. What do you expect to see?
12
13 I would expect to see one HDD, since the Hardware RAID takes care of
14 all the little, pesky things you need to setup a RAID.
15
16 So I state there there is absolutely no problem anywhere.
17
18 Go ahead and do everything you like with that sda it your raid.
19
20 BTW: Some investigation should have revealed that the capacity of sda
21 is larger than that from one single disk...