List Archive: gentoo-kernel
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
This is an automated message announcing the release of a new version
of the vesafb-tng kernel patch.
Excerpt from the ChangeLog
02 Oct 2005 * <firstname.lastname@example.org> * vesafb-tng-1.0-rc1-2.6.14-rc3
- Fixed SMP and HIGHMEM64G issues.
- Changed the mode setting and timings checking code, so that
modes set from the kernel command line and using fbset are
- Added a workaround for sis6326 (which tries to read data from
the 0x07000-0x07fff area).
- Fixed numerous problems in the backend code.
- Made the backend and frontend separate modules.
- Cleaned the code up so that it adheres to the kernel CodingStyle.
- Updated the documentation.
- Added support for blanking the screen.
- Added support for the fb_setcmap() function.
- Reorganized and partially rewritten palette setting code.
Link to the patch
The patch was generated against Linus' linux-2.6 git tree.
Should work with 2.6.13 and previous 2.6.14 kernels.
vesafb-tng is an extended version of the vesafb Linux framebuffer driver.
For more information, visit the project homepage:
Please read the FAQ and the Troubleshooting Guide before reporting any
bugs and problems.
email@example.com mailing list