From: Tedwardo Stine <ted.stine@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] thinkpad T43 boot problem
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:38:40
also, a good debugging technique is to add support for all devices first
then eliminate (work top down).
so modularize all the sata devices available in the kernel, then if it works
you can start taking some at, wittling it down.
(i know with my nw8440 the sata was originally labeled incorrectly in the
output of lspci)
...if it still doesn't work then you know it's not a problem with the
drivers :D

good luck