From: Stefan Schweizer <sschweizer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] What programs are good to install on pentium 133mhz?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:47:05
First a few general notes: you should use uclibc (uclibc-stages) for
such an old computer and binary packages built in an uclibc chroot
from a faster computer.
For X I would suggest you to use the smaller kdrive instead of xorg-x11.
And finally ftp-program .. Best is probbably to use something like
ftpfs to mount the remote ftp dir. If you use linux on the remote PC
the best option probably is to use sshfs-fuse instead of ftp.

alsa-lib and enable the correct alsa sound driver in the kernel. regards, Stefan -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list