From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Problem with Gnome Power Manager --Please help
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:26:43
Hi,

I have followed everything I found on gnome power manager and I can't
seem to solve this.

I have a Thinkpad T41 and I am using gnome power manager.  When I put it
to "sleep" (suspend) it naps fine, however, as soon as I wake it up, it
slowly starts to freeze. At first it seems fine but as soon as I ask it
to run an app, that app freezes (i.e. top or ls) then the hd light
starts to freak out, and eventually the whole system locks up and the
only thing I can do is hold down the power butt and kill it hard.

IT SLOWLY DIES AFTER A RESUME.

I have the latest kern 2.6.19-gentoo-r5, What can I do?

Thanks
Rick