From: "Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <fxjrlists@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Help! kernel 2.6.12.2 takes a loooooong time to boot
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 15:54:24

Hi all,

I emerged today 2.6.12.2 kernel.

After compiling, on Mounting boot message, just after the load modules
ohci, usb-core... message, my laptop stoped and sit there for a long time.

Caps lock was ok, so it wasn't a so hard hang. When I was about to turn
my laptop off, by holding the power button for 3 seconds, my laptop woke
up and continue boot process. When seting up system to use udev message
it also had a new hicup and hang there too, but for a shorter time. I
couldn't log in because I think the system started to process one of my
various ctrl+alt+del key presses trying to recover from hang and started
reboot process as soon as it finished boot.

Do you guys have any idea of why this can be happening? I used
2.6.12-rc1 without any problems. I'm sending my .config so it can help.

Also, I'm using, since I installed my notebook, genkernel 3.0.2g to
compile all my kernels since 2.6.8.1 and I never faced something like that.

Thanks in advance.

- --
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.