From: Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Wireless Authentication Failure -- WPA2-PSK(TKIP+AES), rtl8192se
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:13:05
1 On May 16, 2011 2:06 PM, "Corey Richardson" <kb1pkl@×××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I have been unable to authenticate to my WAP. From the subject you can
4 > see the authentication it normally uses. I tried bunches of other
5 > combinations but I can only connect when the network is Unprotected. I
6 > have an rtl8192se, the driver is built into the kernel and I have the
7 > rtl8192se and rtl8192se-firmware packages. I am led to believe this
8 > isn't a driver issue. I use wpa_supplicant with wicd. The oddest part is
9 > it worked fine yesterday when I shut off the laptop, and now it doesn't
10 > work. I've re-emerged wicd and friends, rebuilt the kernel, made sure
11 > options were checked in the kernel config, etc.
12 >
13 > What more should I do, and is there any more information I need to
14 > include? Attached are a few logs. I couldn't find any logs for
15 > wpa_supplicant, however.
16
17 A few days ago on 2011/05/08, I had a message that my system is going to be
18 migrated to baselayout-2 and openrc, and a bunch of configurations files had
19 moved around and including net configuration files. Have you checked your
20 eselect news and do etc-update?