From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Ethernet not starting...
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:11:42
1 Hi, I know this sounds bad, I must be missing something really easy
2 here. I can't seem to start my ethernet interface...
3
4 I have a Thinkpad T43
5 lspci shows:
6 Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5751M Gigabit PCI Express card
7
8 I loaded the Tigon3 kernel module
9 dmesg shows:
10 eth0: Tigon3... with a mac address
11
12 I have a simple setup in conf.d/net of just config_eth0= ( "dhcp" )
13 however, when I try to start it, I get the following error:
14
15 /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start, I get:
16 * Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ]
17 * Starting eth0
18 * Bringing up eth0
19 * dhcp
20 * network interface eth0 does not exist
21 * Please verify hardware or kernel module (driver) [ !! ]
24 If I boot with a knoppix live CD, the Interface fires up fine, so I know
25 it is supported...
26
27 What am I missing?
28 Thanks!