From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] wget porblem popped up during NuDav
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:14:56
Hi,

I just installed a brand new system and today I did a emerge --sync, I
figured I would emerge -NuDav world. There were only about 10 packages
that needed updates. As I said this is a brand new 2006.1 install.

I'm not sure what package was the last to emerge, I'm guessing it was
something that uses libssl.so but the emerge crashed during
Test-Harness.

It is wget that is now the problem. Every time I try to use it I get the
following error:

  error while loading shared libraries: libssl.0.9.7 No such file or
directory.

It looks like I now have only libssl.so.0.9.8 (no 0.9.7)

I tried env-update, source /etc/profile, I even rebooted.
wget still wants to use 0.9.7!
What should I do now? I can't emerge anything.

Thanks
rick