From: Cliff Rowley <cliffrowley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo + T40?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 10:29:11
1 Hi Jordi, thanks for your speedy reply :)
2
3 Jordi Molina wrote:
4 > Centrino CPU speed should be handled by a speed governor daemon (have
5 > a look at the ACPI guide at gentoo.org)
6 >
7 > Keep in mind that if you want to have battery for more time, it's
8 > normal that this daemon reduces the CPU if its not used, the same
9 > daemon will raise up the speed as soon as the current speed becames
10 > too low (compiling, i.e.)
11
12 I should have explained better. I've read the ACPI guide and set Gentoo
13 up accordingly - and under normal usage the temperature is OK. However
14 if I start doing anything stressful, like compiling - that's when I end
15 up creeping towards 80 degrees and possibly beyond (I daren't let it get
16 any hotter).
17
18 I do a lot of software dev, and a lot of compiling under win32 - but I
19 never encounter this problem. Even if I set the processor to high
20 performance (I use SpeedSwitchXP under Win32), the temperature is always
21 acceptable.
22
23 I'm scared ;-)
27 No virus found in this outgoing message.
28 Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
32 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list