From: "Longman
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-laptop] Intel Power Wireless 3945ABC
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:33:45
1 To use the binary packages on the minimal CD system, you need to use:
2
3 PKGDIR=/wherever/you/stored/them emerge --usepkg ipw3945
4
5 > -----Original Message-----
6 > From: etobis@×××××.com [mailto:etobis@×××××.com] On Behalf Of
7 > Enrique A. Tobis
8 > Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:29 PM
9 > To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
10 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Intel Power Wireless 3945ABC
11 >
12 > Sorry, I do know about some of the other stuff you asked about.
13 >
14 > If you do
15 >
16 > emerge something -f -p
17 >
18 > you will get a list of the files you need to download to install
19 > something. You can manually download them, put them on your USB drive,
20 > and then move them to /usr/portage/distfiles in your Gentoo box. Thank
21 > will do it.
22 >
23 > Good luck!
24 > Enrique