From: Pavel Riha <Pavel.Riha@××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] How to turn off cpu fan when I turn on my laptop?
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:37:16
1 On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 12:15:44PM -0200, Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:
2 > I'm facing a little issue with my laptop and cpu fan.
3 >
4 > ...
5 >
6 > Kernel only turns off my cpu fan after the temperature passes the 48C
7 > and come back to 42, 43. And turns it on again when it reaches the 51C.
8 >
9 > When I reach this level, it is ok. Kernel works as expected turning the
10 > fan on and off. The problem is before reaching this level, the fan
11 > doesn't turn off.
12 >
13 > I'd like to know if there is something I could do to tell kernel to turn
14 > off my fan if temperature is below 42C for example, even after a fresh
15 > boot, when temperature starts with 35C.
16
17 hmm ... are you sure, that the kernel even CAN stop the fan?
18 I thing that no :(
19
20 I thing it's the bios(?) work or so.
21
22 Pavel
23 --
24 Pavel Riha
26 640 kB should be enough for everyone.
27
28 Bill Gates, 1981
31 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list