From: Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Install on a Dell E4300
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:01:21
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Steev Klimaszewski <steev@×××××.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Francisco Rivas <taken2k4@×××××.com> > wrote: > <snip> > > Is this one of those "Mini-9" laptops?
No it is not, Actually is a 13.3" Centrino 2. with integrated Intel Cantiga Mobile Series 4 Video Graphics. I tested it with Ubuntu 8.10 and it works fine with 3d acceleration. I tried to add some masked packages but it is really painful because more than the 60% of the system has to be unmasked to get it working, I think that is because it is quit new hardware yet. I tested ArchLinux too and it is worst! jejejeje..
> Also, a stable package should > never require an unstable package, if you ran into something like > that, its definitely a bug. However, if you added things to > package.unmask/package.keywords, thats a different story.
I added some packages to unmask, and keywords. USE flag
> dependencies should also be going stable whenever a package is > supposed to.
The flags that I used were from the recomendations of the packages during the emerging (-apv)
> > -- Steev > > Thanks :D
Note on this : I have to say that I was trying all of this 2 months ago and I am backing to try to get Gentoo working in my laptop, that is way I can not give more precisely and complete information about the errors, I really appreciate your responses. I know that it hard to help with poor information about the problem. I am going to test gentoo again in a few days and as soon as I can I will give you some details about the problems that I am embracing. -- Francisco Rivas http://www.vaslibre.org.ve - And on the seventh day God said :wq and then make http://beck3r.wordpress.com/ Linux User (New) : #448324 Linux Machine (New) : 355187