From: Mads Samsing <mads.samsing@××××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] sound issues
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:04:04
On 18. April @ 11:46, ian douglas wrote:
> gentoo 2005.0 > toshiba satellite, P4 2.67GHz, 512MB, Ali5451 sound chipset > > Hey all, new to the list.
Welcome
> contradictory when it comes to whether to compile a module driver in the kernel > for the snd_ali5451 driver or not.
My sound chipset is the same, and is compiled as a module. What does your config files look like? /etc/modules.d/alsa My only problem with this chipset is having the software volume control working. I'm not really sure why it doesn't. -- Venlig hilsen/Best regards, Mads Samsing [mads.samsing [AT] webspeed.dk] Got virus? Try this: format c: -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list