From: scwang@××××××.cn
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Abort network startup when cable not connected
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 04:48:42
1 I recommend you to use quickswitch.
2 Using this software, you can switch between different net
3 configuration conveniently.
6 On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 06:12:09PM -0400, Zander Z365 wrote:
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > This is probably an easy one.
10 > My laptop has two network connections: hardwired (default) and
11 > wireless(starts manually). Both are working fine. However, when I
12 > boot up my laptop without the NIC cable connected it takes a very long
13 > time to boot. This is because the net.eth0 script keeps trying to
14 > start networking. I have an older laptop with SuSe 9.2 and it does
15 > not have this problem.
16 >
17 > How can I configure the startup script so that networking will not be
18 > started if the cable is not connected?
19 >
20 > --
21 > Alienware Area-51m 5500 Laptop
22 > P4 3.4GFHz w/HT