From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Gnome black screen
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:28:47
1 On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 09:02 -0800, Longman, Bill wrote:
2 > Rick,
3 >
4 > Sorry to preempt your thread, but you might want to see if you can get
5 > just an xterm running. Try this:
6 >
7 > /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/xterm
8 >
9 > You should then get an xterm with no window manager. From there, you can
10 > try to start Gnome. Just run "gnome-session" and it should start doing
11 > its thing. I noticed on my machine that I hadn't had dbus running, so it
12 > wouldn't start - it just hung there. Once I started dbus, all was well.
13 >
14 > Bill
15
16 soved.
17
18 I ran dbus-uuidgen --ensure and that fixed it...
19
20 I still need to update the bios though...
21
22 Thanks
23 rick
26 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list