From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Guide for Thinkpad T41
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:12:27
Hi,

Does anybody have any info or links on setting up Gentoo on a Thinkpad
T41? I have found allot of mixed info on it. Some outdated, some
incomplete etc...  In particular, I am looking for solid info on the
following:

Set up the hard drive and power management stuff rignt,
Use the best and most up to date graphics driver
Set up xorg.cong to make use of a second display, usb mouse etc...
Wireless networking (hopefully a great gui to scan for access points!)
CDRW

I plan on using gnome, xcdroast, open office, evolution, gnucash, etc...

I really just want to make sure that I start off on the right foot. I
don't have much experience with laptops.

Thanks
rick