From: mail <lists@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Guide for Thinkpad T41
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:12:27
1 Hi,
2
3 Does anybody have any info or links on setting up Gentoo on a Thinkpad
4 T41? I have found allot of mixed info on it. Some outdated, some
5 incomplete etc... In particular, I am looking for solid info on the
6 following:
7
8 Set up the hard drive and power management stuff rignt,
9 Use the best and most up to date graphics driver
10 Set up xorg.cong to make use of a second display, usb mouse etc...
11 Wireless networking (hopefully a great gui to scan for access points!)
12 CDRW
13
14 I plan on using gnome, xcdroast, open office, evolution, gnucash, etc...
15
16 I really just want to make sure that I start off on the right foot. I
17 don't have much experience with laptops.
18
19 Thanks
20 rick
23 gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list