From: Nick Selby <nick.selby@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-laptop] Compaq Presario 4020 US Centrino Notebook Install
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 05:54:01
Hi, all , I'm going to be installing on a compaq presario 4020 centrino
and wondered if anyone had any experience with that particular notebook?
I have gentoo running on a desktop but wondered about getting it on this
notebook, my main work machine.

It is a v4020us, 1.5GHz Intel® Centrino, 2MB L2 Cache, 767MB Ram, Intel
Graphics Media Accelerator 900- with 128mb shared video memory, 100GB
HD, DVD±R/RW and CD-RW Combo Drive with Double Layer Support, 15.4” WXGA
High-Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800),  Intel® Pro/Wireless
2200 802.11B/G WLAN and Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN

I'm going to be installing this tomorrow. It's my main notebook for
work, and I'm trying to get it running as seamlessly as possible. I
would like it to run with gnome 2.10.

1. Anything I need to think about?
2. Anything I need to NOT forget?
3. Can Anyone share their experience with this particular notebook?

Thanks so much!