From: Bret Towe <magnade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Power saving
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 18:25:01
perhaps you should try the patch item here: http://www.muru.com/linux/dyntick/ its possable that the HZ in the kernel is to high for your comp and it never gets to sleep as much as it use too another thing to keep in mind is perhaps your video card isnt entering a low power state not that you can do much about that unless you want to go add some code to xorg ;)