From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-laptop] ethernet issue (e1000)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:03:24
> -----Original Message----- > From: mail [mailto:lists@×××××.net] > Sent: 01 March 2007 02:44 > To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o > Subject: [gentoo-laptop] ethernet issue (e1000) > > > Hi, >
-- snip snip --
> What could be happening? > Does this interface support 100mb? or is it gigabit only? > > Actually, I would love to find a gnome gui that my user can use to > manage both the eth0 and wireless eth1 interfaces. I have not found > working examples of this anywhere yet. any sugesstions? > > Thanks > rick > > -- > gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list >
A couple of points: 1) Is the ethernet definately eth0 and not eth1? 2) GNOME *has* a GUI to keep track of network interfaces. I forget what it's called but I have the latest GNOME on my PC and it comes with a little program to monitor and play with network interfaces. 3) Check `dmesg` after you try to load the kernel module. Any messages? -- djn I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list. -- gentoo-laptop@g.o mailing list