From: Andrew Randles <ehud42@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-laptop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-laptop] Gentoo + T40?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:18:45
There is a module called fan in the acpi stuff that can be compiled in
or the module is loaded.  A second thing to try is to compile the
kernel with apm support instead of ACPI and see if that helps.  I
don't know the specs for a T40 but I use a T42 and have had no
problems with just ACPI.

Also check out a module called ibm-acpi.  Get the latest version
through portage and that can give you control over your fan, at least
manually turn it on and off but this might be helpful.

If I can be of more help let me know,
Andrew